Unable to update from app store - erroneously thinks app is open

Options
drs
drs
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

Starting with Mac version 7.0.2 of 1Password, I have gotten the error "1Password 7" cannot be open during installation" when attempting to update via the App store. (Specifically, this has occurred when trying to update from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3 and from 7.0.3 to 7.0.4.) While the 1Password app was open the first time the error appeared, closing it and subsequently clicking the Update button in the App Store has resulted in the same error. The workaround has been to open the Apple Activity Monitor utility, manually Force Quit the 1Password 7 process, and re-try the update in the App Store.

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

This has already been reported here and here (doubtless among other similar threads).

Note there is a method of completely quitting 1Password 7 that you can use: just press control + option + command + Q—which spares 1Password 7 the brutality of death via the Activity Monitor.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drs - thanks for reporting! As @Stephen_C mentioned, this is an issue we're aware of. While I don't have a fix for it available just yet, the instructions about quitting 1Password 7 completely should work. Let us know if that's not the case! :)

This discussion has been closed.